Starting November 1, 2017
INTRODUCTION AND EXPLORATION
- Explore VR World: Students are given an introduction to virtual reality and augmented reality technology with a STEAM-centric scavenger hunt map. A short tour is given of the space and then groups are set off to explore and race to finish the map. (Introduction and short lecture 20 minutes, the scavenger hunt 80 minutes, conclusion and prize ceremony 20 minutes.)
- EXPLORE 360: As part of the STEAM journey, students will explore the universe in 360 VR, from the moon and beyond they will learn as they navigate in immersive space. The students will also explore art works from uniques immersive views and the world through creative as well as scientific and mathematic perspectives.
- EXPLORE VIRTUAL REALITY: The scavenger hunt will also prompt students to virtually explore our earth, down to the neighborhoods and landmarks they may have never seen before. As well, they are encouraged to play on many of our interactive experiences while observing the technology, creativity and science behind the games.
CREATE AND EXPRESS
- CREATE: As part of their journey, students collaborate in an introductory composition where they paint together using virtual reality on one of our most popular experiences.
- BUILD: Solidifying the engineering and math aspects of the STEAM scavenger hunt, small groups will interact within a creative building environment, creating 3D models, while sharing and walking within their imaginative 3D creations.
- CONCLUSION: The instructor and guide will discuss the experiences with students and what accomplished on their maps. The first group to have marked off all steam objectives and creatively responded to each experience wins a prize.
4 East 34 Street
New York, NY 10016
Sun – Mon 12 – 8pm
Tue – Sat 12-10pm