VR World is seeking a skilled Tech & Network Manager to join our dynamic and growing team! In this position, you will oversee all technical matters company-wide and manage our technical support team. You will work collaboratively with store operations, content, sales, and various other departments within the company to ensure the delivery of all products in an efficient, timely manner and plan for future needs. The candidate is a great communicator, who is calm under pressure. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience at the enterprise networking level, and can also work well with legacy systems.
- Plan, organize, evaluate and manage day-to-day IT infrastructure and electronic data operations
- Manage tech staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees
- Ensure systems connectivity, access and security including network hardware, software, A/V and lighting systems
- Perform network address assignment. Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration. Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts
- Design, deploy, and administer the wireless infrastructure and supporting systems
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Act in alignment with internal and public user needs and system functionality
- Establish maintenance protocols, preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost-effectiveness
- Engage in regular network troubleshooting activities and resolve network connectivity issues
- Analyze the current network structure and submit quarterly comprehensive optimization reports
- Work closely with the content department on successfully launching new VR content
- Manage build-out, connectivity and daily maintenance of VR bays
- Review workload and direct tech team on daily projects
- Maintain up to date inventory on all equipment
- College degree in computer related field is required
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a visitor attraction, museum, hotel or fast-paced retail/ public facing environment as an IT administrator or in similar previous role
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis, computer hardware, and software systems
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and monitoring tools; hardware and network installation
- Self–motivated strong leader with proven success supervising teams
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task simultaneously with little supervision
- Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, and upgrades
- Familiarity with ticketing / POS systems and any of the following: Cisco products, Network Monitoring Tools, Windows Domain, Active Directory, DNS, Microsoft Member Servers.
- Must be able to lift 15-50 pounds
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a focus in VR, gaming, entertainment
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- Graphic design experience preferred
ABOUT THE ROLE
Guest Experience Guide is the embodiment of both the VR World vision and values to our guests. Guides have the responsibility of preparing guests to engage with VR. Most importantly, you will inspire the average guest to ascend to his or her most playful and curious self, while breaking through mental boundaries for a life-changing experience. Guides must have a magnetic personality for creating an amazing customer experience. You must be professional, able to multitask, remain pleasant under pressure, and provide warm and attentive service. VR World is a collaborative team and startup, and we want like-minded individuals to bring ideas and actions to provide better service to our guests.
- We are all about hospitality at VR World, and you’ll be a major part of it! You will welcome and guide our guests through each experience from onboarding, explaining the content, and cheering while they’re in play!
- Encourage guests to leave with personalized videos, photos, and stories to share with friends.
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support when issues arise and communicate it to our Tech team.
- Maintain the daily day-to-day aesthetic appeal of our venue
- Follow safety procedures to ensure guests safety
- Applicants must have at least 2-3 years of customer service experience.
- Engaging personality, positive attitude, and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the passion for Mixed Reality Entertainment, Arts and VR World Brand
- Must work nights, weekends, and holidays
We are looking for an experienced, creative Marketing Director to drive omnichannel strategy, planning and execution across paid search, SEO, social platforms, and more. ONLY CANDIDATES WITH EXPERIENCE IN HOSPITALITY, ENTERTAINMENT, NIGHTLIFE, AND CULTURAL ATTRACTION INDUSTRIES ARE INVITED TO APPLY.
You are the best. You are a talented, hardworking teammate and a personality. You have a genuine passion for interactive media, entertainment, and hospitality. You will own the marketing calendar and will lead the marketing efforts to improve and expand our operations as we scale. Your track record, creative abilities, and on-brand attitude will resonate with our audiences and will bring entrepreneurial spirit as you work with various team members. This is a great opportunity for a results-driven dedicated team player who is looking to join a growing organization.
- Lead marketing efforts for VR World flagship venue
- Develop and implement a growth strategy, marketing plans and calendar to maximize revenue and brand awareness
- Manage, develop, create marketing materials and campaigns, mostly on digital and social platforms, but also traditional media
- Develop and manage venue level initiatives that drive ticket sales and memberships from promotions to leveraging seasonal opportunities, relevant events, charity alignment, sponsorships, etc.
- Apply creative abilities that drive awareness, engagement, and conversions through analysis and research
- Resonate with VR World audiences maintaining consistent brand messaging throughout all platforms
- Develop and manage venue level programming to drive memberships, ticket sales and leverage market opportunities (celebrity alignment, community programs/ticket offers, relevant NYC events, charity alignment, etc.)
- Evolve and deliver forecasting and budgeting. Provide accurate weekly and monthly reporting tracking KPIs and ROI
- Provide support to other teams by offering advanced metrics and guidance
- Apply the latest digital and social media trends by introducing new channels to increase performance
- Work closely with event sales, operations, nightlife, and content team members to implement effective marketing contributing to consumer’s trust and relationship
- 7+ years of marketing experience and performance marketing, advertising, social media, paid search and affiliated areas in entertainment, lifestyle, hospitality or agency representing such clients
- Deep knowledge and B2C experience in digital and social platforms
- Leadership and interpersonal skills fostering a team environment in a rapidly growing company
- Outstanding communication skills in framing POV, strong reporting and analytical skills
- Track record and ability to function without layered corporate support prioritizing long term corporate goals with short term location-based performance objectives
- High proficiency in-office communication, graphics, video, and marketing tools
- Meaningful interest in mixed reality, gaming, art, nightlife, entertainment, hospitality, and community engagement
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE MUST DEMONSTRATE EXPERIENCE, TRACK RECORD AND A SOLID CREATIVE ABILITY WITHIN RELATED INDUSTRY.
Competitive salary with a performance-based bonus to bring in the best candidate. Additionally, you can expect continued corporate growth and a long term incentive package after the first year of successful employment.