VR WORLD is building the Future of Social Entertainment. Helped by Virtual Reality and other 21st century technologies, we created another way to have fun with friends, and a fantastic place to celebrate with colleagues. We are looking for a sales leader to join our team as Director of Events and Group Sales. ONLY CANDIDATES WITH SOLID SALES EXPERIENCE IN HOSPITALITY, ENTERTAINMENT, NIGHTLIFE, AND CULTURAL ATTRACTION INDUSTRIES ARE INVITED TO APPLY.
The Director Events & Group Sales is the primary staff person responsible for actively prospecting, soliciting, and closing events and group visits (corporate, private and tour groups) and coordinating the daily operations of the group sales program. The core focus of this position is the development of sustained events business and group attendance that meets established annual revenue and visitation goals. Additional duties include working with the local community to build the organization’s presence in the entertainment, hospitality and tourism industry, toward the goal of increasing attendance. The position will require working cross-departmentally to assist in marketing, develop new programs and strategies, and internal coordination of the events team.
- Oversee all sales channels within sales department
- Meet or exceed goals for new and returning contracts
- Develop and manage sales budgets, sales plans and forecasts to achieve revenue targets and revenue distribution goals across all channels
- Coordinate with marketing proactive events and group sales strategy and collaborate on advertising and collateral needs for department
- Monitor and provide regular analysis of competitor products, sales, and marketing activities
- Develop and recommend product positioning and pricing strategy
- Provide accurate weekly and monthly performance reporting
- Establish and maintain relationships with NYC hospitality, entertainment and tourism industry influencer and key strategic partners
- Attend hospitality networking events to promote VR World and develop its strong positioning in group sales offerings
- Meet with clients, assisting Sales Coordinator with maintaining relationships and negotiating.
- Maintain CRM system, generate and track Group Sales leads, inquiries, lost business, sales revenue, and provide ongoing status reports as required.
- Develop and participate in targeted group outreach events and programs; make personal appearances to sell events to VR WORLD.
- Supervise all phases of group contracts; booking, secure deposits and payments.
- Report on customer relationships, sales forecasts, and new prospects.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 8-10 years’ sales experience in NYC hospitality sales, event planning (nightlife, culture, F&B, music and film festivals, or lifestyle brands)
- Passion for sales in high volume environment. Proven ability to generate, pitch and close inbound and outbound sales leads
- Broad network of corporate and private events planners and managers (existing pipeline a plus)
- Positive, outgoing attitude and impeccable professional appearance in all circumstances
- Outstanding communications skills, both verbal and written, with an emphasis on diplomacy of persuasion and generating action
- Interest in AR / VR / technology / experiential retail is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Hospitality, Business or Event Management
- Acute attention to details, highly organized, analytical thinker and writer
- High familiarity with at least one POS and one CRM system, superb MS Office budgeting, reporting and presentation skills
Compensation: Looking to bring in the best in class