ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Floor Manager, you will manage a 40+ team of instructors and technicians. Working under the General Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations, providing for a smooth and excellent guest experience with a strong focus on strong customer service skills. The success of the individual will be based on targets set on daily profitability, visitor reviews, ability to operate in a quick pace environment exhibiting situational flexibility, leadership, and owner’s mentality.
Highly Preferred: recent experience at a supervisory level within the entertainment, fast-paced retail, theme park, attraction, or hospitality industries.
- Present and maintain VR World NYC highest standard of service and user experience
- Manage up to 40 team members on an assigned shift
- Act as a Manager On-Duty by overseeing and coordinating Front of the House staff
- Assist with the implementation of cost control measures in all commercial areas
- Lead profit optimization including customer interactions, supplies and purchasing
- Intelligent staff reviews, inductions, probationary sign-off, appraisals, and interviews
- Ensure highest Brand Standard in appearance, cleanliness, health, safety & security within the workplace
- Enforce company set policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned – hands-on attitude is a MUST
- Minimum of 2-4 years of service industry experience required in a visitor attraction, theme park, museum, hotel or fast-paced retail environment
- Self–motivated strong leader with proven success supervising operational teams
- Passion for providing excellent experiences to our guests is critical. Customer is King!
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary
- Extensive knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook and Word; familiarity with ticketing systems and POS highly preferred
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a focus in VR, gaming, entertainment
- Help identify and implement opportunities for improvement
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- College degree preferred.